Monday, November 15, 2010

500 Days Smoke Free ... Holy Smokes!!!

Who would've guessed 500 days ago that I could finally make it this far?

In some ways 500 days doesn't sound that long ... in other ways, it's a short lifetime ago.

Near thirty years of smoking about a pack and half a day and now I'm smoke free for good this time.

That's Fifteen Thousand single cigarettes at an approximate estimated savings of $4,000.00! That's a lotta lettuce in my little world.

My first goal was just to get through the first day. Next it was three days, three weeks, then three months. Make it to the New Year and beyond .... and then reach the coveted one year smoke free mark. Done!

Now, I'm nearing in on 2010 being an entire cheat free, smoke free, nicotine free year ... Before you know it I will be at One Thousand Days .... But first ....

I need to complete 501! --- One day at a time, Right??!!

~ FJW ~

PS: Only 2 days until the Great American Smoke Out ... Why doesn't someone from say ... Maryland or California ... write a post for me dealing with going smoke free for the first day of the GASO? My little blog could use some fresh blood. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment