Saturday, July 30, 2011

750 Smoke Free Days!!

Holy Smokes!
The two year anniversary passed with out much fan fare and now her I am over 750 Smoke Free Days!
Every so often it's fun to do the math ....
When I quit, I was smoking approximately a pack and half a day. I was going to the store and buying one 'premium' pack and one 'generic' (cheap-ass) pack and alternating the two. My surprise back then was that the cheap-ass smokes weren't really all that bad .......... back to the cost:
Every time I bought two packs of smokes it was costing me around eight bucks .... divide that out on a per cigarette basis and I was paying approximately twenty cents per smoke.
Twenty Cents for each cigarette and smoking thirty cigarettes a day I was spending right around $6.00 a day just for permanently damaging my lungs ... And that was two years ago ... prior to the Obama Tax Slap ....
Thirty Cigs a day multiplied by 750 days and that's 22,500 cigarettes I have NOT smoked! Let me spell that one out .... that is TWENTY-TWO THOUSAND, FIVE HUNDRED cancer sticks un-smoked by me! Now that's alata tobacco! At cost of twenty cents each or six dollars a day that's $4,500.00!
Four Thousand, Five Hundred Dollars! In my world that's a lot of cash .... and most of that doesn't even go to the evil tobacco companies ... it's taxes directly to the feds!
If you've quit smoking recently ... take the time to do the math ... it's fun and rewarding!
FJW

No comments:

Post a Comment