Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Holy Smokes!! HowLong??


Wow!! Two years since my last post!! And 4 ½ Years since I started this blog … Check out the beginning if you wish …

In that time I’ve had over 46,000 hits (I know, not a lot) and in my absence – about two a day. I’m sure mostly from people doing a Google search on quitting smoking.

When people log on and see the last post date, I’m sure they’re now wondering … is the author of this blog still smoke free?? How’s he doing?  Healthy? Off the wagon? Dead?


If you’re reading this for the first time and wondering what ever happened to me here it is –
STILL SMOKE FREE – and going on 5 years!!!

I did it and so can you!!!

In a recent conversation with a friend who wanted to quit for his 50th Birthday – all I could do was wish him luck and let him know if I can do it anyone can. I was a serious smoker! I wouldn’t even sleep through the entire night … I’d get up to use the john and have a smoke … can you imagine that??
Not even 8 hours of sleep would interrupt my nicotine habit.

Trust me when I say: If I can do it, so can you!!!!

If you check my blog ledger on the left side of the page you can see that for the first couple of years I took my blogging very seriously … I let it slid quite a bit in 2011 … then totally stopped in 2012. But for the first year and a half I was posting often – it was my therapy – it made me feel good about me and the journey I was on; and I was hopeful others would find it helpful in their own quest to be smoke free.

I’d share my personal stories and all my struggles; I’d search the net for news articles and pictures to post. I’d reprint graphs and various statistics … (hopefully you’ll go back and read some of it.) I even have a couple of cartoons I’m surprised have not been spotted by their originators!

Also, I use to keep track of each and every day I spent smoke free. I would frequently calculate how much money I was saving.  At 500 smoke free days I had estimated a cost savings of over $4,000.00!
Read this if you want …….

Now, I am well over 1,600 smoke free days – figuring it all out would take more work than I am in the mood for today J … Although the simple part of that math is I’ve saved enough to buy a fairly nice used car!

Now it’s December once again … almost exactly two years since my last post … and closing in fast on the end of another year. Maybe a few more Google searches for quitting smoking help than usual in anticipation of the New Year.  Maybe a new post from one person’s success will inspire you to move forward and before you leave this page, ask yourself;

If not now? When??

Good Luck – FJW 

No comments:

Post a Comment