Saturday, July 17, 2010

Some Broken Hearts Never End~

"Coffee black, cigarettes,
start this day, like all the rest,
First thing in the morning that I do,
is start missing you" ...

Approximately 53 weeks ago ... that's more than one year for anyone who's Math Challenged ...
I wrote a blog post titled: Coffee Black ... Cigarette ...

In case you've ever wondered, that's the opening line from the Don Williams Classic; Some Broken Hearts Never End.


(If you're not familiar with Don Williams you should give him a listen ... you WON'T regret it).

I will have to assume, in the song, the 'YOU' means a lost love as in a person ... NOT a cigarette ...

However -- I admit that after 378 smoke free days, I STILL miss a cigarette along with my morning cup of coffee ...

Few times has smoking a cigarette brought more relaxation and more comfort than to sip on my morning Joe out on the deck savoring my first nicotine rush of the day. It also worked well on vacation too.

Toss on some street ready clothes, run to the hotel coffee bar, grab a cup of fresh brew, my complimentary USA Today, run outside on the terrace and enjoy a coffee, cigarette and my morning newspaper.

Funny, how even after all this time of being smoke free, this one routine remains en grained in what I look forward to in the mornings!

For those of you new to the non-smoking or still contemplating it ...
I want to emphasis that I do NOT regret my decision to give up cigarettes,
I am proud of my accomplishment that finally, after over 30 years of having gone one entire year smoke free,
and that early morning 'craving' I still have -- goes away very quickly now!



No comments:

Post a Comment