Wednesday, August 5, 2009

One Month Exactly ~

From the 5th to the 5th ...
(remember 3 days - 3 weeks - 3 months? Threesome Anyone?). My Anxiety's still a Roller Coaster Ride, though~

One thing I’ve noticed lately, which I mentioned the other day, is when it comes to my cigarette ‘cravings’ is they seem to be more situational than circumstantial …

What I mean by that is there are situations that make me desire a some more than circumstances -- Situations like work over load, morning coffee, a beer while waiting for my charcoal to prepare.

Circumstances such as passing a smoker on the street, smelling if whiff over from an adjacent car at the intersection, even last night at Buffalo Wild Wings (the next town over still allows smoking in the bar)… None of these circumstances really increased my desire to smoke.

In fact, sometimes they go along way to reaffirm my decision to quit. It’s not just a health issue, it’s also a ‘take back control’ issue. Me being in control of my life not an outside force controlling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment