Sunday, August 23, 2009

50 Days ~

Since I left my lover ...
Today marks Fifty Smoke Free Days (if you don't count the times I purposely walked past a smoker just to catch a whiff of tobacco smoke).

The hold this stuff has on us is incredible. After all the things I've read and posted, not to mention we've all grown up with about the Hazards of smoking -- the desire still sometimes continues. (Read ~I Heart New York ~ )

I've just returned from a short road trip to Graceland and Beale Street in Memphis -- there were so many times I just wanted to stop walking, sit on a bench or stool, watch the crowed pass by around me while I enjoyed a cigarette along with my Beale Street Hurricane.

(As every smoker knows you can enjoy a smoke without booze, but it's darn hard to enjoy a cocktail with out a smoke.)
On top of it all -- Fifty Days and I still dream about smoking! Usually, it's a dream of me smoking a cig and being disappointed that my streak of smoke-free days has been broken.

Incredible -- But goal hasn't changed -- 365 smoke-free and cheat-free days!

No comments:

Post a Comment